Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Healthilicious: Salad Mix-Ins



Salad is probably the easiest "real food" meal to put together. Just pick your favorite lettuce, veggies, fruits, and nuts, add a protein, and you're good to go! It's also super easy to make one ahead of time and keep it fresh all week.

I tend to get stuck in a salad "rut"- always eating the same kind for weeks at a time. I'm kinda like that though- something is SO good and I just want to eat it all. the. time. I never want to step outside of the box because if I'm hungry, I want to know what I'm eating is going to be delicious! I'm the same way at restaurants- I rarely try something new and it drives my hubby crazy!

Anyway, in an effort to try different salad combinations, I've put together this great Salad Mix-In's printable. Download, print, and keep it with your recipe cards or your meal planning supplies to be inspired to step outside the box and try something new!







Here a couple of my favorite go-to combinations:

Taco salad: Romaine lettuce, chicken breast, green peppers, red onion, black beans, monterey jack cheese, and salsa. Topped with greek yogurt and a few crunched up tortilla chips.

Side salad: Romaine lettuce, baby spinach, shredded carrots, broccoli, red onion, and homemade ranch dressing.

What are your favorite salad combos?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...