Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tip For Tuesday: The Best Way to Reheat Pizza


Pizza is kind of a common meal around our house. I'd say we have it for dinner at least once a month, and maybe twice a month for lunch.

Sometimes I make our pizza from scratch (here's a great recipe for Chicken Broccoli Pizza from Jess) and sometimes I just order out.  Either way, I always make sure we have leftovers!

I'm not a cold pizza fan. I know, I know- cray-zay! For a while a lot of pizza went to waste in my house, because I used to hate reheating pizza- the microwave leaves the crust soggy and soggy crust is no bueno, other pans would get the crust crispy but the toppings would be cold. I got a cast iron skillet for Christmas and I now use it for everything, so why not reheat pizza in it, too?

Here's what I do:
Preheat the skillet over low to medium-low heat {mommy machine secret: for thinker crust you want slightly lower heat, this way you don't burn the crust before the toppings get hot}.

Place the pizza in the skillet until the cheese on top gets hot and melty. Enjoy a nice crispy crust and perfectly warm toppings!

3 comments:

  1. I don't like cold pizza either. What a great tip about heating it in an iron skillet! I'll have to try that for sure. I usually reheat pizza in a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes, which turns out well, but it heats up the kitchen and takes a while. Can't wait to try your method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im kinda strange but I enjoy eating cold pizza. If I decide to heat it, I will use the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great way to heat up pizza in the microwave is wrapped in wax paper but usually no longer than 30 seconds for 2 slices.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...