Wednesday, July 17, 2013

12 Ways to Use Greek Yogurt

I have a slight obsession with teal, chevron, old navy flip flops, Pioneer Woman, and greek yogurt. I seriously try to use greek yogurt in anything and everything I can. My poor husband has to listen to my latest substitution on almost a daily basis... but you know, he knew he was marrying a Health Educator, so he shouldn't be surprised. ;)

There are so many ways to use greek yogurt besides the obvious sour cream swap. If you aren't a greek yogurt fan, you can still get the benefits by using some of the ideas I'm about to share because the taste isn't noticeable in many of them!

In honor of my love of greek yogurt, I'm sharing my top 12 favorite ways to use it!



1. Add to smoothies 
2. Put on top of a baked potato, chili, or taco
3. Make these yummy key lime bars
4. Use on top of breakfast staples like pancakes or waffles
5. Combine with peanut butter for a sweet fruit dip
6. Make whipped greek yogurt cream
7. Use in banana sauce recipe (serve with fruit- yum!)
8. Make your kiddo this "No Junk Allowed" breakfast parfait
9. Mix with berry sauce and fresh fruit
10. Mix with lemon zest, pepper and salt for a pre-grill marinade on chicken.
11. Use in homemade ranch dressing
12. Sweeten and use on fruit pizza (ditch the cream cheese!).

Want to see even more ways to use greek yogurt? Check out our "Greek Yogurt Love" Pin Board!

Eating greek yogurt is so great for your health, but I know it can be hard to make the switch from regular yogurt. My Mommy Machine Secret is to mix half greek yogurt with half regular yogurt, and then cut back on the regular yogurt until you don't need it anymore. Baby steps! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...