Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Healthilicious: Fresh Fruit with Banana Sauce

I was never much of a cook until after I married A, moved to California, and had a lot of time on my hands. Life BK (before kids) consisted of working as a Program Director of an after-school program at the YMCA, and lots of time at the beach. A was deployed for 7 months, so I had a lot of time to try recipes and get creative in the kitchen. I wasted a lot of food cooking big recipes just for myself, but when A returned home I had a whole new arsenal of recipes to fill his tummy!

One of my favorite recipes is super simple, seasonal, and healthy. It's great for a snack, a side, or a dessert... even makes a great breakfast; who doesn't love a recipe that can serve so many purposes? You should seriously give this a try- it's yummy and perfect for spring and summer!




Banana Sauce

2 small bananas, cut into chunks
1 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

In a food processor (or blender), combine all ingredients until smooth. Serve with fruit of your choice. I really love to do a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, and apples, but you can use anything you have on hand.

Tip: Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream. You won't even know the difference, and you'll be reaping the benefits of probiotics (gut health), more protein, less fat, and fewer calories. Plus, you're cutting out the junk usually found in fat-free or "light" sour cream.



Enjoy!







13 comments:

  1. I'm hungry now......new follower from Linkin with the ladies blog



    http://myadventureswithmy2kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also following you on pinterest and twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I have ventured over from Linkin’ With My Ladies. I am co-hosting this month and I just wanted to thank you for participating! Love your blog! XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look so delicious and healthy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that looks incredibly yummy! Might have to tuck this one away for later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice. http://leavesofknowledge.blogspot.com Come check my blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter would die for this! haha I'll defnitely have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy, love that it has brown sugar in it! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing, saw your link at Motivation Monday. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious!

    Thanks again for sharing at the Link Up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely delicious:) I am going to have to add this to our breakfast list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Banana Sauce! Who woulda thunk? Sounds delicious and def adding that to my "to eat," I mean "to do" list today! All ingredients on hand. :) I Totally agree about the Greek yogurt - we've been using that in place of sour cream for a couple of months now - I wish I would have known sooner!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...