Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tip for Tuesday: Easy Clean Skillet

I don't know about you, but every time I cook eggs in my skillet I'm left with a tough mess to clean up. I'm impatient when it comes to cooking eggs; I know you're supposed to cook them "low and slow", but I don't have time for that!

I've been trying to get those caked on eggs off my skillets forever and I finally figured out a way to make it a little easier. You still have to do a little work, this isn't a magic trick- I'm keepin' it real for ya'll.

Gross, right? 
I'm kind of embarrassed to show you, but we've all been there, right? :)
The "After" picture is after I scrubbed it and before it went through the dishwasher.


You just need 3 simple things, and I guarantee you already have them:

Baking soda
Dish soap
Water

Sprinkle baking soda in your empty skillet (enough to cover the bottom of your skillet), add a squirt of dish soap, and then fill it 3/4 full with water. Give it a little swish with a spatula to mix it all up. Set it back on your burner, bring it to a boil, and let it simmer for about 5 minutes- depending on the size of your skillet. I use my spatula to loosen some of the gunk at first, but for the most part you can just let it do it's thing.

Make sure you keep an eye on it- I made the mistake of forgetting about it once and everything evaporated and started to stink up my kitchen.


Once it's been simmering for about 5 minutes, pour the water out and scrub down your skillet. Yes, you still have to do some scrubbing, but this method makes it SO much easier! After I give it a scrub, I stick it in the microwave and it's as good as new!

Viola! The secret to getting caked on foods off your skillet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...