Monday, April 22, 2013

Healthilicious: Brownies

Oh yes, I went there.

I am a chocolate adict. I admit it.

Me+chocolate=love

However, I have no self-control and I notice this most when I try to button my pants the day after I make brownies. Yikes!

I had to do something. I like to make brownies. A lot. So I started making them this way- a healthier way. I will be the first to admit they are good, but they aren't the same as "real" brownies. So when I am asked to make brownies for a special occasion like a family dinner {or just because it's Friday}, I still make the real thing.

These will get you through some chocolate cravings though. Promise.


Healthy{ier} Brownies

1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute like Egg Beaters)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tbs water
1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but suggested :))

Spray mini muffin tin (my preference) or 9x13 pan liberally with cooking spray.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a mixer, combine sugars, applesauce, oil, vanilla, water and eggs. Mix until combined. Then mix in the whole wheat flour and baking powder. Add the a.p. flour until combined. Chocolate chips can now be thrown in and mixed together too.

Pour batter into muffin tin- filling mini muffin cups 3/4 full. Or pour into 9x13 pan and spread evenly. I prefer the mini muffin tin because I can't seem to get the 9x13 pan to cook evenly, it could just be my oven though.


I added M&M's to the tops of mine before putting them in the oven, I did not add chocolate chips this time though, so it's ok.


Bake for 8-10 minutes in mini muffin tin or 18-22 minutes in a 9x13 pan.

Let these cool completely and then enjoy! They will be gone before you know it... and your pants will still button tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. These look so cute and delicious! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...