Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Goodies: Beyond the Candy

From Halloween to Easter most homes have a never-ending supply of candy. Do you still have Christmas candy hanging out under that pile of Valentine's treats the kids brought home? No? Oh, umm... me either. ;)

If you're tired of the endless pile of candy that the holidays bring, fill those Easter baskets with some alternative goodies. There are so many possibilities!


All Ages

Swim Suits
Sunglasses
Beach Towels
Books
Toothbrushes
Socks
Shoes

Younger kiddos

rattle
teether
board books
blanket
stuffed bunny
clothes- onsies, etc.
pj's

Toddler/Preschool kiddos

sippy cup
playground ball
coloring book
crayons
markers
play-doh
cookie cutters
apron
silly putty
sidewalk chalk
bubble bath
bath toys (Alex Toys makes great bath toys. You can find them at Target)
puppets
jump rope
hair clips
kite
yo-yo
dress up stuff
Little People toys
puzzles
mini animals (Hobby Lobby has these in tubes- farm animals, doinosaurs, zoo animals, etc.)
mini green houses (I found these at Target and Walmart this weekend)
flash cards
cars

Older kiddos

movie
card game
travel board games
keychain
picture frame
lip gloss
nail polish
stationery
note pads
colorful pens
stamps & stamp pads
movie tickets
gift cards (iTunes, gas, coffee, etc)
body wash/ body spray
baseball
hats/headbands
gardening tools- gloves, hand shovel, seeds, pots, soil, etc
frisbee
Nerf guns
iPod case
craft kits (can be found at Hobby Lobby or Michaels)
video game accessories (new controller, memory card, games, etc)

5 comments:

  1. I love this list. Thanks for coming by and following. I'm following back. Have a great evening.

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great ideas. I definitely think I will opt to making the baskets this year instead of buying pre-made ones. BTW. I am one of those moms who always seem to have candy hanging around from holidays lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these suggestions! thanks for sharing

    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog, I'm following you too! This is a great list! I like the movie ticket idea...my kids love going to the movies! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this! After the piles of candy last year I am determined to fill my son's basket with less candy and more fun stuff. Seriously, we only have one child but there was easily enough candy for 10!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...