Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

The weather is finally taking a turn for the better here in Minnesota and I am totally on the spring/summer train! I busted out my cold cups, icy drinks, and ice cream maker this week and have been letting the fresh air in. It's the best feeling to air out the house after a long and cold winter, and to be able to put away the heavy coats and boots. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not getting ahead of myself here. :)




Last year for Mother's Day, the kids got me an ice cream maker. I dabbled in some ice cream making over the summer- I made Adam a chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream that was super yummy, and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect s'mores ice cream recipe (if you have one, link it or share below, please!).


I decided that I would try to use the ice cream maker more this spring and summer, so I started off with this super yummy strawberry chocolate chip greek frozen yogurt. It's a tart and has just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth. Plus, it's super easy to throw together, and if you use frozen fruit instead of fresh, you don't even need an ice cream maker!


Strawberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients
2 C. Plain Greek Yogurt (Chobani non-fat is my favorite)
2 C. Frozen or fresh Unsweetened Strawberries
1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips

Directions
In a blender, add yogurt, strawberries, sugar, and vanilla. Add a splash of water and blend on high until smooth.

Add to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's directions. Add in chocolate chips at the end of churning.

If you used frozen berries, you can probably skip the ice cream maker because the mixture will be pretty thick already. Just pour mix into container and mix in chocolate chips.

Add frozen yogurt to a freezer safe container and freeze until desired consistency is reached. You may need to check in on it every once in a while and stir around to get an even consistency.


 photo mommy-sig_zps6a343660.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Strawberry is my all time favorite, and with frozen yogurt, so yummy! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen yogurt always sounds like it would be really difficult to make, but this looks so easy! Pinning for later--this will be great for my husband's birthday. Thanks! :)

    Chelsey @ Budget Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is easy and would be perfect for a birthday! :) Hope your hubby loves it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds really yummy! I think I will try it with coconut milk! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do- I've been wanting to try an ice cream recipe using coconut milk!

      Delete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...