Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Inside my Work Out Playlist

My whole life I've been a lover of music. I sang in the choir from 5th grade until I graduated high school, performed in school musicals, and competed in state solo competitions. Although I'm not singing anymore, unless "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Old McDonald" count, music has to be part of my everyday.

My taste in music is eclectic- my friends used to make fun of me in high school when I'd "burn" my own CD's because track 1 would be a Lonestar song (Hello, 11th grade!), track 2 would grace us with some DMX (what in the world was I thinking?), track 3 blasted some Destiny's Child... you get the point.

When it comes to my workout playlist, it's a whole different story. My workout success depends on my playlist- Zak Brown Band, even though they are one of my favs, does not motivate me to finish my last mile on the treadmill. I need something uptempo; something like Lady GaGa (I know, right?). 

I have to admit- some of these songs (read: GaGa) are so not me. Yet, they give me all the motivation I need. Ok, ok... let's not delay this any longer.


Work It
1. Daylight- Maroon 5 (3:46)
2. Love Game- Lady GaGa (3:36)
3. Catch My Breath- Kelly Clarkson (4:10)
4. Try- PINK (4:07)
5. One More Night- Maroon 5 (3:39)
6. Paparazzi- Lady GaGa (3:28)
7. Telephone- Lady GaGa & Beyonce (5:59)
8. Alejandro- Lady GaGa(4:34)
9. Stronger- Kelly Clarkson (3:42)
10. Carry On- Fun. (4:38) [cool down song]

I need to get some Katy Perry on here, too.

That gets me through about 4 miles + a cool down on the treadmill (approximately 40 minutes). When I feel like I'm about to fall over, I usually go back (or skip ahead) and listen to Stronger or Try. Or both- depending on the severity of my willingness to quit.

What songs get you through your workouts? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...