Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Create: Spring Wreath Time!

I'm kind of obsessed with wreaths. A wreath for every season is a must in my house; although I must admit, I tend to use the same wreath every year because, well, I get lazy life gets crazy.

But, when I get the itch to do some crafting... I get 'er done. I mean, I get it done. Ya know, sometimes I just can't hide my Minnesota accent... even in writing. But I digress...

This wreath is simple to make, so grab a Starbucks, put the kids down for a nap, crank up your favorite music, and get your craft on!

What you need:
1 grapevine wreath
Artificial flowers
Wood numbers
Craft paint
Scissors 
Hot glue gun


I had two sets of flowers; the same type, just different colors. They came in a big bunch, so I needed to separate them into smaller bunches by clipping them. 


Then, I positioned them by weaving them through the grapevine. There were a few places where I used my hot glue gun, but for the most part, the flowers should stay without glue.

Of course, my perfectionism kicked in at this point.
This step took much longer than I intended.

On day 2... kidding. Maybe.

I painted the numbers white. 

Use a little hot glue to get the numbers secure. I suggest hanging the wreath right away, or you'll find all the tiny flaws and it might take you 3 more days to perfect it. I mean, not saying that happened to me or anything... 

Spring is just a few days away and I am super excited to get this wreath up! 

What do you do to prepare for spring?

Linking up at Daisy Cottage Designs today. :) 

11 comments:

  1. Pretty wreath! So fresh and springy!

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so simple and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Loving the pink and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Hello. I saw you at the Linkin' with the Ladies and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. I look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog though the link up! And just want to stop by and say that is the cutest wreath every I love how springy it looks!!
    Crazyperfectlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wreaths too and I've been dying to make one for spring. I can't wait to make one for my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! It is absolutely perfect for Spring!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER cute!! :)

    I’m from Saturday Sharefest!!

    Following you via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are awesome!!! I just love them!!!

    btw: thanks for sharing your best post on my march link up!! I followed you. Hope to see you more often!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tutorial! So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...