Friday, March 8, 2013

Company is coming! Company is coming!

I love having house guests!! Remember Monica from Friends? That should give you an idea.

I love to get every thing ready for company so that our house is clean and inviting.  By planning ahead, I don't have to worry about "chores" while they are here, I can enjoy our time together.

We have company arriving today so I put together a checklist of things I do to get ready.  In addition to this list, I like to bake something (like the good almost-Southern girl that I am). Since there is a kiddo the same age as my Little Man arriving shortly, we are going to make cookies after they get here :)

With wedding/graduation/spring break/vacation season approaching, I hope this helps you with any house guests who will be gracing you with their presence.

Enjoy, y'all!




In the week before they arrive:
o  Change the sheets
o  Wash the towels
o  Clean the bathrooms
o  Have extra toiletries on hand- just in case
o  Mop the tile floors
o  Stock the fridge and pantry
o  Vacuum

The day they arrive:
o  Clean the kitchen counters
o  No dirty dishes in the sink
o  Clean the sink
o  Run the garbage disposal
o  Dust
o  Clean the windows
o  Take out the trash
o  Finish all the laundry (so you don’t have to worry about it later)
o  Fluff the pillows (yes it matters)
o  Pick up clutter (try not to shove stuff in drawers, but do what you gotta do)
o  Vacuum again
o   Have fun!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the checklist, will definitely be useful. I normally run around like a headless chicken stuffing all the clutter into draws.

    Radha xoxo
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess and Lynns,

    It is nice to meet both of you. This is a lovely blog. Thanks for the checklist. I would like to thank you for joining the fun at Linkin' with my Ladies Blog Hop. I followed you via GFC, liked your FB page and Pinterest.
    All the best to your blog and see you around.

    Judy (Co-host)
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award :)

    check it out:
    http://www.prettylittledahlia.com/2013/03/award-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great checklist! It helps spread the work out rather than trying to do everything the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have people coming over for the day but I feel like I need to do a whole house cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...