Friday, March 7, 2014

My Favorite Kitchen Canisters


I know how simple it sounds, but canisters make me happy. 

If you combine my love for baking with my love for containers, you can see how kitchen canisters would be one of my favorite things. That's not strange, right?

I've been on the look out for a canister set recently because I might have shattered one of my old canisters leaving me with an incomplete set. 

This is no easy task. Apparently I'm picky about kitchen canisters- who knew? I thought that finding big glass canisters would be easy but I was wrong. Most plain glass canisters out there are small and can't hold a whole bag of flour. Not ok. 

We don't have The Container Store where I live (so sad) so anytime I pass one- like on a recent trip to Dallas- I stop in and have a look around.

I'm so excited about the canisters I found! I bought glass canisters (or hermetic jars, tomato-tomato?) with air tight lids. These two features are especially important because I live in a humid climate. 


I have 4 canisters: 2 large ones for whole wheat and AP flour; a medium size for sugar; and a smaller size for brown sugar. I also bought a 1/2 cup metal scoop so I can easily measure my flour, sugar, and brown sugar.

I am still debating on adding chalk labels. I really like the clean look they have now. 

These babies have become one of my favorite things in my kitchen. I'm really happy with them. 

Thank goodness for The Container Store!

Happy Friday, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...