Monday, June 10, 2013

Clean & Lean: Laundry Pliés

Raise your hand if you'd like your boo-tay to be a little perkier.

**Raises hand**

Recently, I was trying on swim suits. Not my favorite thing to do. Thanks to the tight elastic, awful lighting, and wicked mirror, it was pretty obvious that gravity is starting to affect my rear.  Since then, I make sure to incorporate some of these butt-lifting pliés into my laundry routine! An extra perk (get it?) is that I also feel like I'm in ballet class again. Memories...

Anyway, here's how I lift my gluteus maximus AND get the awful chore of folding laundry finished.

Proper Form

  • Stand in front of your {full} dryer. Half a foot to 12-inches away from the opening.
  • Put your heels together and point your toes in opposite directions:
  • As always, keep that tummy tight!
  • To do a plié, you keep your heels together while pushing your knees out and bottom down. Lower slowly and raise back up slowly. Imagine you are a graceful ballerina. :-)

Clean & Lean

  • As you plié, grab an item out of the dryer.
  • Do one more plié as you fold the item.
  • Repeat as necessary until your muscles burn or your dryer is empty!

Step It Up

Hold the plié position (where your bottom is down) while you fold (or about 15 seconds) and then raise up.


Can you feel the perkiness? I can! Happy ballet-ing!

Don't forget to enter our super easy 31 organization giveaway here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...