Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tip for Tuesday: Whisk, don't sift

I can remember making cookies with my grandma and we would sift the flour and baking soda. She had this great metal sifter. As a kid, it was so fun to have that job while baking.

I see the benefit to sifting things- especially when baking with baking soda or baking powder. No one wants lumps of baking powder. But I don't actually like sifting anymore, seems silly, but I find it tedious ;)

Instead of measuring and sifting, now I measure and whisk. It's faster, and just as effective!

Just combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Then carry on with your recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...