Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cut the Junk: Dinner Makeover

Dinner is probably the easiest meal of the day for me for two reasons. The first is that I plan ahead by doing a weekly meal plan and grocery shopping once a week. The second is that I have a huge list of dinner ideas, so I'm never feeling like I'm in a rut. Well, at least most of the time I don't feel that way. 

When I decided to change the way my family eats, dinner was a little more difficult. I had to think about the ingredients in every meal and whether they met my "real food standard". Sometimes I had to ditch store bought ingredients and make them homemade... which took out the convenience and it made more work for me. I started getting a little smarter and set aside time every weekend to prep dips, sauces, and other things that needed to be homemade. This made the rest of the week super easy, and it kept us on track with our 80/20 "real food" rule



1. Turkey Black Bean Chili
2. Chicken & Broccoli Pizza and a mixed salad w/ homemade ranch dressing
3. Grilled Grass-Fed Burgers on 100% whole wheat buns, mixed fresh & organic fruit, homemade oven baked fries
4. Tacos (grass-fed beef or organic shredded chicken, corn tortillas), homemade refried beans, tortilla chips w/ homemade salsa
5. Baked Chicken with Herb and Cheese Breadcrumbs (use whole wheat bread crumbs), baked potato, steamed broccoli


Catch up on our "Cut the Junk" series:

I would love to give your favorite dinner a "real food" makeover! Let me know your favorite dinner through the comment section or shoot me an e-mail at cleanleanmamma@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...