Friday, May 17, 2013

Closet Organization

I cleaned out my closet last weekend! It feels good to say that. Ha!

It was time to put the winter stuff up and bust out the Spring clothes! I have to say, there were quite a few squats, butt kicks, and butterfly arms while cleaning :)  It feels good to be so efficient!

Here's my system for cleaning out my closet {I do it a little differently for the kiddos}:

 I have lived in the same house for almost 7 years. While I love my house, I totally enjoy pretending like I am moving when it is time to clean out my closet. Crazy, huh?
It is my secret to keeping my closet functional.
I do this twice a year and it always amazes me the things that have migrated into my closet- kids toys, computer cables, pictures. It gets crazy in there so this system helps me clean and find things that I have been missing!

I always "edit" my closet as I go. I keep a pile of items to donate- anything I haven't worn goes, if I don't absolutely love it, it goes. I love to shop so I never worry about replacing things.

 Here are my organizing "zones":
That's the order I hang things. It works for me.

 
I use my shelves like a dresser. I use my dresser for out-of-season clothes.

 KC and I share these hooks. He is so sweet and only takes up 2 hooks :) That's love.
 

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...