Friday, September 6, 2013

Fun Fall Bucket List: Minnesota Style

Oh, how I love fall. I seriously just love it. Boots, scarves, apple and pumpkin everything, the colors, sitting on my front porch sipping coffee on chilly mornings... who couldn't love fall?

Here in Minnesota the season is beautiful and abundant with vibrant colors, but we're never sure how long it will last. I don't like to let a weekend of this season go by without taking advantage of all the fun things it has to offer. It's not uncommon to see some snow fly in October, so I embrace it for all it's worth!

Earlier in the week, Lynnsey shared her family's fall bucket list, and today I'm going to share mine. I'll also link you to some of my favorite spots in Minnesota, in case you're ever in the area and want to check 'em out.



Jim's Apple Barn: If you are a Minnesotan and never visited Jim's... but this on your bucket list- now! Pumpkins, apples, fresh apple pies, nostalgic candy, unique root beers, and puzzles are just a few things you'll find at Jim's in Jordan, MN. It's definitely an eclectic mix of things, but it's one of my absolute favorite places to go every fall! Every time I go, I choose a different root beer- some day I'll have tried them all. Dream big, right? :)

Center Creek Orchard: I've never been, but know friends who have nothing but great things to say about this place. They hold a Fall Festival every weekend in September and October and hold other special events throughout the season. They also have a pumpkin patch and apple orchard.

A Maze'n Farmyard: This isn't on my list because we did this over Labor Day weekend, but wanted to share! It's located in Eden Valley, MN and is a super fun day trip for the kiddos. They have lots of farm animals that you can feed and touch, pony rides, a bounce barn that has 5 bounce houses (which my kids loved), and lots more. It's fun and reasonably priced!

What's your favorite thing to do in fall?

1 comment:

  1. Your bucket list sounds amazing. Candy corn, caramel apples...yes please.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...