Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cut the Junk: 1 Week of Meals

Remember the time you read a really awesome "Cut the Junk" series, got inspired, and then didn't know where to start? Yes? Me too.

I know what it's like to be completely overwhelmed while trying to make a lifestyle change. The first time I walked into the natural foods section of our local grocery store to buy gluten-free food for Speedy, I was so overwhelmed I wanted to give up... and I had barely even started. Giving up wasn't an option, and 2 years later I can talk anyone's ear off about gluten-free foods. 

Any lifestyle change is going to be tough. There's a learning curve, and mistakes will be made whether they are intentional or not. You'll want to give up some days because, let's face it, it's easier not to worry about how your food is grown, where it comes from, and how it's produced. Food is just too complicated these days; it's not simple like when my great-grandparents grew most of their own food on their little farm property in Iowa. 

Since I know how overwhelming all of this can be (and I'm still overwhelmed every time I take another "baby step"), I want to help you get off on the right foot. I've put together a one week "real food" meal plan which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack prep list.





Well, folks, this marks the end of the "Cut the Junk" series. I hope you were inspired and encouraged throughout the last couple of months, and will start to make some positive changes towards real food! I'll still be writing about my own real food journey, sharing tips, and answering questions I've received from our awesome readers in future posts. If you ever have questions, you can leave them here, shout them out on Twitter, or ask on Facebook. There's no such thing as a stupid question, and chances are someone else is wondering about it as well. ;)

Need to catch up on the series? I've got ya covered...

Week 5: Snack Swap


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...