Friday, August 9, 2013

Party Pinatas: Sugarless Stuffers

My Little Man just turned 5. Don't even get me started on how crazy that is.
He wanted a dinosaur party which was easy enough. I don't do "Pinterest party's", it stresses me out too much to try to pull off cute decor and themed activities as well as all the food... I digress. I took Little Man to the party supply store and we picked out plates, napkins and a Pinata. Done.

I love pinata's. I think they are so fun and it cracks me up to watch the kiddos try to break it open. One thing that I don't do, however, is stuff it with only candy. I like a 20/80, candy to trinkets ratio.
Here's why:
1. Partys are all about the sweet stuff- cake and ice cream! I don't want too much candy to cause sugar overload.
2. This replaces the traditional goodie bag. Anything you would put in a goodie bag will more than likely fit into the pinata!
3. You only have to stuff one thing, not lots of little bags :-)
For Little Man's party, I found these little dinosaurs at the dollar store. Add in some suckers and, boom, you've got a par-tay.
Anything will work and you can stick with the theme of your party, here are some ideas:
Little animals
Bouncy Balls
Little bubble containers (like the wedding favors)
Crayons
Beaded necklaces
Gold coins (think: pirate treasure)

Look in the party favor section, usually anything that you can stuff into a goodie bag will do. Rawr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...