Monday, August 26, 2013

My Must-Have Kitchen Items

This post is not sponsored. Links are provided to sources but the makers of these products don't know who we are or have any idea we are writing about these things.

Cooking and baking are a couple of my favorite things. Over the years I have become a kitchen "stuff" junkie- I love utensils, pots, pans, and gadgets that make cooking and baking easier!

I will confess that not all kitchen items are as necessary as I think they could be. I have sold more than a couple in garage sales because I just didn't use them.

Today I'm going to share my top 5 kitchen items that I use all the time! I've linked all of them to their source, too.


Wooden spoons are great for some things, but when it comes to browning ground beef or ground turkey, this is my go-to utensil. The Pampered Chef Mix'n'Chop allows you to stir and crumble the ground beef while it's browning. If you like your ground meats to be crumbled in smaller pieces, this is a must have.

The Rosle silicone flat whisk makes my gravies and sauces so much smoother. It is also perfect for de-glazing a pan.  I used to think that a regular wire whisk was fine for these things but I was wrong! It makes a big difference when you use the right tool.

This Pampered Chef Mix'n'Scraper is one utensil I use everyday. It works for everything from cooking to baking, scraping to stiring. It's just so versatile and handy. With it being silicone you can use it on any surface and it withstands really high heat. I pretty much love it.

Stoneware is a life changer when it comes to baking. Cookies really are better on this Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan. As you can see, I use it for cookies- a lot. The stoneware heats more evenly so you get a fluffier cookie. It's great for other things too, anything you want to bake will be better in a stoneware pan for sure!

Ah, my cast iron skillet. This pan is so wonderful. Mine is a Lodge 12" seasoned cast iron skillet. The majority of our dinners are made, in part, in this pan. There is definitely a difference in flavor, everything tastes better when cooked in cast iron.  The only things that don't get cooked in here are meals that contain citrus, tomato sauce, or seafood. Other than that, this is my dinner pan!

What's your must-have kitchen item? I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously! That PC Mix n Chop rocks!! I used to be afraid to use it (silly, huh??) but I LOVE IT!!! Use it for mashed cauliflower and mashed sweet potatoes. Yummy!

    Tiffany
    www.tiffanystaples.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaahhhh.... I love the idea of the mixnchop, and I DO prefer my ground beef very fine. I may need that whisk as well, and I've been wondering if I should invest in a cast iron pan. Dernit - time to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...