Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Favorite: Adaptable Teacher's Planner

In keeping with our Erin Condren "theme" this week, I wanted to show you all what my mom has done with her Erin Condren Teacher Planner. My mom works as a Curriculum Resource Instructor, she teaches kids but doesn't have her own classroom so her schedule is a bit untraditional (when you think about it, a lot of school staff have this same situation).

When it comes time to find a school-year planner she usually has to settle for making her own using a printable of some sort or making a lot of changes and "substitutions" to a traditional planner. She has had little luck in the past finding something that accommodates her scheduling needs and matches her fun and colorful personality.

Recently, a bunch of teacher's at her school bought their own Erin Condren Teacher Planner. My mom saw it and fell in love with the colorful design and awesome layout, so she bought one too. All of the sections were useable to her- she did have to change some of the headings to better meet her needs, but this required much less customization than previous planners she has used.

I think it is so great to take something you love and enhance it to better fit your life! Anytime you can find something that works for you and makes you feel happy just to look at it, you will probably use it more often! Don't you think?

Here's an overview of how my mom uses her EC Teacher Planner:


Colorful and functional. Gotta love that! The tabs make is easy to flip to the section you want. My mom also added the pen holder option so a writing utensil is always handy! Unlike me, she doesn't mind if her days are planned in ink. ;-)

In this picture below, you can see how she used labels and fun font to change the Classroom Volunteers section to be Important Numbers. Even with cell phones, you never know when you will need to remember someone's extension!

The absentee log wasn't necessary for my mom, but look how easy it transforms into a project tracker/to do list! With my mom's job, there are always ongoing projects so this section comes in handy.

The two page monthly spread is awesome! My mom decorated with some Suzie Zoo stickers :-) Check out how much room there is to write in those spaces.

 Here's the weekly planner. No changes needed here! All of that space is great for keeping up with meetings, special events, to do lists, etc. The columns at the top let you section your days into categories like "before school", "morning", "lunch", "plan", "after school" etc.
 This section is followed by a student checklist to keep track of kiddo's assignments, my mom works with students so that section was perfect as is.

The clear page protectors and pencil pocket make finding pens and the school's calendar easy peasy.

We both agree that the quotes are great! My mom has already decided that each month she is going to use the quote from the planner in her email signature. A great way to spread the joy.

We hope you've enjoyed EC week! As you've heard us say before, these posts are in no way sponsored. Everything is all us, and my mom!

Are you obsessed with Erin Condren? Tell us what your favorite product is and how you use it! Obsessed with another organizational/planner product- tell us so we can check it out too!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! just pinned to our pinterest board, check it out! pinterest/erincondren..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas, I love that she put in her own titles and things! I'm a homeschooling mom, but I bought one of these to use this year, and this is a GREAT idea for the pages I would otherwise not use! :)

    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you posted this! I bought my first teacher planner for the coming school year and wasnt going to use the absentee log either. We enter all that on the computer. Loved the idea so much, I pulled out my label maker and made mine a To Do List section as well! Thanks.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...