Monday, December 2, 2013

Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix

My sister makes the best hot chocolate. Actually, the best part about it isn't necessarily the hot chocolate itself, but the huge mound of whipped cream and sprinkles that she piles on top of it that really tugs at my sweet tooth.

Her hot chocolate has always been a special "thing" around the holidays and I'm sure this year will be no different. I envision us taking a picture with our drinks and posting on instagram with hashtags like #hotchocolate, #sistasista, #wouldulikesomehotchocolatewithyourwhippedcreamandsprinkles, #jinglebells, #sprinklesmakeeverythingbetter,  etc. :)

Since I can't have my sister's hot chocolate every day (total bummer!), here is the recipe I use to make my own mix. No preservatives, chemicals, or junk!



If you double the recipe you'll probably have enough to last you most of the winter, depending on the size of your family and how often you make a cup o' hot chocolate.

CLMM's Hot Cocoa Mix

1 3/4 C. Sugar
1 1/4 C. Unsweetened Cocoa (I use Hershey's)
1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

Directions:
Whisk it all together and store in an airtight container in your pantry.
Heat 1 cup of milk until hot. Add 1 1/2- 2 tbsp. of cocoa and mix into milk until dissolved. Top with some yummy whipped cream- try my easy 5 minute recipe- and sprinkles to make it fun!

*Sometimes I mix in chopped chocolate mint candies or crushed peppermint to 1/2 of my mixture make a quick peppermint hot chocolate- so yummy! Just be sure to label your containers! 

What's your favorite way to have hot cocoa?


2 comments:

  1. Oh I already see a cute craft coming with a coffee cup and then this recipe and marshmallows. Could be a cute teacher/neighbor gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I bet my kids would just love this!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...