Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Homemade Whipped Cream: 2 Ways!

Yesterday I shared my favorite homemade cocoa mix, and you can't have hot cocoa without a lot a little whipped cream, right?!

I have been making my own whipped cream for a while now. It's so much better than the canned stuff, and honestly, you can make it in less time than it takes to go to the store and buy a can of pre-made whipped cream!

Whipped cream is yummy as-is, but why not jazz it up a little bit for the holiday season?





Chocolate Whipped Cream
This is for the chocolate lover in your house- in my house, that would be me. 


Use my basic whipped cream recipe, but omit the sugar and vanilla.
Add in 2 tbsp. of hot cocoa mix.
Whip until peaks form.
Store in airtight container for about a week.

Peppermint Whipped Cream
Peppermint drinks mean the holiday season is here! 



Use my basic whipped cream recipe- omit vanilla.
Add 1/2 tsp. - 1 tsp. of peppermint extract. Start with a 1/2 tsp. and add if you like a stronger taste.
Whip until peaks form.
Store in airtight container for about a week.


How 'bout that? I think these are going to be a huge hit at my Cookies & Cocoa party this weekend. Can't wait to share more about that next week!

What is your favorite whipped cream? Have you ever made a flavored whipped cream? I'm always looking for new ideas! *hint hint  :)

1 comment:

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...