Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skinny Taco Dip

My siblings and I recently had surprise party for our parents 31st anniversary. It was a murder mystery party, which they knew was happening, but what they didn't know was that some of their friends were going to be part of it as well! They were definitely surprised and we all had a great time with lots of laughs... and tons of FOOD.


The theme of the murder mystery we chose took place on a cruise ship. If you've ever been on a cruise, you know cruise ships are notorious for their buffets. My personal favorite is the midnight buffet, but you didn't hear that. What happens on the cruise ship, stays on the cruise ship. Err... my hips. Until I get home and exercise my butt off. I digress...



Point is, we had a few different buffet areas for the party and lots of food. My brother and sister-in-law brought taco dip- who doesn't loooooove taco dip?! It's something I normally don't make unless I'm going to a special get-together with family or friends because, well, let's face it- I would do some serious damage to a pan of taco dip.



Up until recently, I've always used cream and cheese and sour cream for my base mix. In an effort to make myself feel less guilty, I substituted greek yogurt for the sour cream. I also added in my favorite refried beans. I'm actually a pretty picky eater, so my toppings are limited, but I bet this would be yummy with fresh salsa, black olives, avocado, and tomatoes!





Skinny Taco Dip 

Ingredients
1 C. homemade refried beans (my favorite recipe is HERE)
4 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 C. plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp. homemade taco seasoning (recipe HERE)
1 C. romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 C. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 C. red onion, diced

Directions

1. Combine cream cheese, greek yogurt, and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Mix well.
2. Spread an even layer of beans in an 8x8 casserole dish.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over the bean layer.
4. Add your toppings and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...