Monday, November 11, 2013

Kid Craft: Thanksgiving Place Cards

Thanksgiving is right around the corner!

I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday. It has all the best things- family, friends, food, gratefulness, and none of the hassle or stress of gift giving.

I want to share a fun kid craft project that is kind of a mommy machine secret for 2 reasons: 1- it easily and inexpensively adds a fun touch to Thanksgiving decor, 2- it keeps the kids busy for a while so you can check a few things off your list. :-)


Speaking of lists, Jess shared an awesome Thanksgiving hostess checklist last week you should check it out!

For this fun project, to begin with, you will need card stock and fall colored crayons. Later, you will need scissors and a sharpie.
We used yellow, red, orange and brown crayons.

Little Miss was taking a nap so I sat my Little Man at the picnic table outside and told him I needed him to help me with a special project. {This would also be a great thing to do inside on a rainy day}
I asked him to draw the fall trees he saw with all the different colored leaves falling.
{I would have just given my 2 year old the crayons and let her scribble- this would give you a similar effect}

Here's what he drew :-) I helped him add some more "falling leaves" (aka lines and circles) to fill most of the page. Notice how the paper is laying "wide", not "tall" this is important for the next step.

I folded the paper in thirds the "wide" way and then in 5 sections the "long" way. See the picture to see my segments. Using scissors, I cut along the wide creases- 3 sections. Then, cut every-other fold along the long creases, giving you 2 place cards coming from each of the 3 sections (since you have 5 long creases, you won't use one of these sections). 6 place cards per page.
Don't cut every crease! You will want to make sure you leave a crease where your card will fold.

 Fold the card along the middle crease again (you already have a crease, just make it crisper). Using a sharpie, write a name on one side of the card.
 Voila!
Fun and easy place cards. You could easily add embellishments- glitter, feathers, ribbon, etc. depending on your child's skill level.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...