Thursday, May 15, 2014

Key Lime Pie Greek Frozen Yogurt


Ever since I made my strawberry chocolate chip greek frozen yogurt, my mind has been swirling with visions of other yummy flavor combos. Key lime pie, strawberry peach (I did make this- recipe to come another day), blueberry pomegranate, s'mores... the list goes on and on!

I love anything key lime. Shove a piece of key lime pie in front of me and I'll probably do just about anything you want me to do. That's serious love, people.




If you've been following the blog for any amount of time, you probably also know about my obsession with greek yogurt (and Starbucks). Key lime pie + greek yogurt = one happy marriage.




Just a couple of things before we get to the recipe...

1. The greek yogurt freezes really hard. There isn't a creamy consistency because there isn't any fat, so I suggest pulling it out of the freezer 30-45 minutes before you want to indulge. It'll be the perfect consistency.



2. The base I use for all of my recipes: 2 cups 0% plain greek yogurt + 3 tbsp. sugar. From there, you can add anything your little heart desires! You could also use a 2% greek yogurt for a slightly creamier consistency. I haven't tried it, so if you do, let me know how it turns out!

3. Make this gluten-free by using s'morables in place of graham crackers!



Key Lime Pie Greek Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients
2 C. plain greek yogurt
4 tbsp. key lime juice (freshly squeezed or store bought)
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, key lime juice, and sugar. Set aside.

In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Set aside.

Add yogurt mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to your machine's instructions.

Add graham cracker crumbs at the very end of the churning cycle. You can also layer the crumbs as you pack the frozen yogurt into its container instead of incorporating them throughout.

Pack frozen yogurt into a freezer safe container, freeze, and enjoy!


 photo mommy-sig_zps6a343660.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys- it makes our day!
{We typically respond to comments through e-mail as long as you have provided an email address.}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...